Wound Management and Suturing for Sports Professionals
This course focuses on basic wound assessment and wound closure skills. It is aimed at medical staff, physiotherapists and other professionals who cover sporting events, with a view to developing basic wound care skills. The course includes suturing techniques, assessment of wounds and available treatment options.
- Develops basic Wound Assessment Techniques.
- Provides the knowledge required to identify Serious
and Minor wounds.
- Provides skills required to identify wounds which are appropriate for closure "in the field" and which are not.
- Provides skills required to identify wounds requiring specialist treatment.
- Identifies safety issues.
- Clarifies legal issues.
- Provides the skills to correctly prepare and
suture simple cuts.
- Offers alternative wound closure techniques
including staples and glue.
- Identifies how to implement correct follow-up
and referral procedures.
- Provides continual professional development
- Teaches the appropriate selection of sutures,
needles and equipment.
Who should Attend
Doctors, Physiotherapists, Paramedics, and any Health Professional responsible for the management of wounds in sport.
Our Wynyard and Norton training units.