Sport Trauma Life Support
Designed to ensure that you meet your duty of care to injured sports competitors, the "Sports Trauma Life Support Course" is the U.K's original sports trauma management course. It is specifically developed for physiotherapists and all medical professionals responsible for the immediate management of sports injuries. This highly regarded course provides the core skills essential for all pitch side medical staff to manage serious on-field trauma.
The course is taught by some of the best professional medical staff in the UK, with practical experience of dealing with traumatic injuries in sport.
- Wound Care including Suturing and Wound Glue
- Airway Management with Various Adjuncts
- Head Trauma and Assessing Concussion
- Common Eye, Ear and Nose Injuries
- Spinal Immobilisation and 'C' Collars
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Intermediate Life Support and CPR
- Managing Unconsciousness
- Abdominal and Pelvic Trauma
- Bone, Joint and soft Tissue Injuries
- Mechanism of Injury
- Patient Assessment
- Shock Management
- Maxillo Facial Injuries
- Spinal and Neck Trauma
- Removal of Helmets
- Injuries to the Airway
- Chest Trauma
- Extremity Trauma and Splint
- Bandaging and Taping
Successful candidates will receive a certificate of evidence of training in Sports Trauma Life Support valid for 3 years. Successful candidates will also receive a certificate of evidence of training in CPR and Automated Defibrillation valid for 12 months.