This course is in line with Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and meets all the needs of Ofsted. It is suitable for childminders, nursery and school staff . Or indeed anyone who works with children who want a more in-depth knowledge. This paediatric two day course is taught by Health Care professionals who deal with Child Emergencies on a daily basis, including paramedics and nurses.
- Eye and Ear Injuries
- Burns & Scalds
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma
- First Aid Dealing with emergencies
- Bone Fractures
- Resuscitation (CPR) - Baby and Child
- Patient examination - Recognising a Sick Child
- Childhood Illnesses including
Meningitis and Febrile Convulsions
- Regulations, Recording and Reporting
- Wounds and Bleeding, including Shock and Fractures
Although there is no exam there will be ongoing assessment. A certificate will be awarded which is valid for 3 years
There are no pre course requirements for this course.